Saturday, November 23, 2019

Closing Remark of Grimm to Disney Course


During my semester of learning about different fairytales and the ones that I already knew while uncovering their true meaning. Childhood stories like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White and the reason why their birth mothers were never present during their lives except for Sleeping Beauty. Moreover, I learned why the majority of Disney film leaves out a female initiative which was to reflect Disney’s personal views and opinions. In addition, to learning about various reasoning to why fairytales are the way that they are I also learn of many fairytale effects on the world. For instance, fairytale and how it affects the mind of the young female readers. Fairytales such as Cindrella influences young girls to associate beauty and niceness with a reward system since Cinderella gets the prince and she is beautiful and nice. This similar theme is not only seen in that tale but also many other popular tales that are in Disney films. In addition, to learning about old fairytales I also learned about new fairytales such as Bluebeard a tale of a young girl marrying an older man who kills his wives when she cannot fight off the temptation to enter his forbidden room. This tale is fascinating to me because it the only tale that I know that the female is the protagonist of her own story. Females in fairytales do not save themselves the man of the story has to save them from any evil doing. Furthermore, this course also taught me how to think analytically and to go deeper into a text.  All in all, I learned many things from this semester course that I will take away from and use during the rest of my college experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment